Halloween Decorations Ideas

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Halloween Party Themes - How to Create Your Own


To plan a Halloween party, start by listing 25 things that first come to mind that remind you of Halloween. This will help you to determine your decoration theme. Next, decide how much you are able or willing to spend. I will share my choices with you and I warn you, I am a cheapskate. In addition, anything that I can have shipped to me is a plus. Who wants to go out and spend 45 minutes in the decorations store if you are short on time?

When you have plenty of time though, do go out and browse for things if you need Halloween party supplies or decorations. For me, I use what I have. Candy dishes, lights, nic-nacs, food serving dishes and trays and anything that may be orange, black or any other appropriate color as far as my linens go. I have a black sheet (not used as a bed sheet) as a table cloth to a lace table covering to give the illusion of a spider web.

You will also want to do the obvious when planning your Halloween party successfully:

Create your guest list, choose the date and time, select the place, plan the menu, make lists for shopping and To Do. Give yourself plenty of time for any shopping excursions -- you will have more fun if you are not rushing. In case you do not have time to hit the library, use the internet as a resource for recipes and theme ideas too. Other than final details such as decorating and food preparation, this is about all there is to planning a Halloween party.

Here is my list of 25 things that first come to mind when I think of Halloween:

Pumpkins, costumes, music, candy corn, fall, trick or treat, black cats, bats, witches, skeletons, mummies, jack o'lanterns, haunted houses that you go through to be frightened or amused, haunted houses that show up in Scooby-Doo episodes, spiders, spider webs, cauldrons, Boo Berry, Count Chocula and Frakenberry.

So with this list, I will begin to plan my Halloween party for this year. For example, how can I work the cereals I listed into my theme? One thing I could do is to search the internet for a recipe that includes those cereals to offer to my guests as snacks. If one can't be found, I am sure we can make a cereal bar from those using a popular cereal bar recipe. You may be the type of person to buy the ready-made cereal treats. You could always offer those in colored, festive Halloween foils. The key is to do what fits you best when planning your Halloween party.

Some items to look for around your home are table cloths, napkins, plates, glasses and silverware. Even though you will have to wash them, you are not only saving money but being kind to the environment. Unless you are just starting up housekeeping, you most likely have some Halloween decorations, old costumes and the likes. Pull out everything you have, and you will be surprised to see what you can use to inspire your party. Be creative, have fun and you and your guests will have a great time this Halloween!




Are you planning a Halloween party this year? Don't forget your dog! Hurry over to Halloween Costumes for Dogs to get the best costume ideas for your pooch at http://www.halloweencostumes-fordogs.com





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No comments:

Post a Comment